9891247924 (10am to 5pm) info@crackdse.com

permutation and combination

MA Economics Entrance Coaching Forums Subject forums Math permutation and combination

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rohit pandey 3 years ago.

• Author

shruti290
    Participant

q1 a seven digit no divisible by 9 is to be formed by using 7 no’s out of {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9} the no of ways in which this can be done is? final ans:4*7!
    q2 the no f ways in which 3 girls and 3 boys all of diff heights be arranged in a line so tht the boys as well as girls among themselves are arranged in decreasing order of their heights(frm left to right)?
    final ans:20

rohit pandey
    Participant

shruti the answer for q2 is indeed 20 but i will have to explain it in class.hint -try forming a tree its really big.

and for q1 if you take and sum the different permutations of 7 numbers form set you will find the sum of 4 options is divisible by 9 hence 4*7!.

shruti290
      Participant

Rohit I got q2 but the 1st one i don’t know how to proceed.

admin
        Keymaster

Rohit/ Shruti, if possible, can either of you upload your soln to q2 here? (take a photo)
        For q1 sort of questions, see this for divisibility rules

shruti290
          Participant

I’m so sorry mh questions got interchanged in the reply ! I don’t know how to go abt for tht q2

rohit pandey
    Participant

this is if first choice is g1 which has ten ways now for b1 also there willbe 10 ways.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.