I often get questions from students about eligibility criteria for Master's in Economics in India. This information has been compiled with the goal of providing this information for various exams in one handy list. Please note that the universities mentioned below are in no particular order.
DISCLAIMER: The sources have been mentioned for each school. This information has been last updated on Oct 4, 2014. Please check for the latest information yourself. CrackDSE is not liable for any change in the information as listed here.
1. The Delhi School of Economics
Please see this page on DSE's website regarding the admission criteria. Here you'll find information pertaining to all backgrounds. You will also be asked to check the academic bulletin of Delhi University, which can be found here or here. In case you have any further questions, please get in touch with DSE's office. All their contact information is listed on this page.
2. Jawaharlal Nehru University
JNU offers two different Masters in Economics programs.
- The School of International Studies (or commonly known as the SIS) offers a M.A. Economics (with specialisation in the World Economy). All the eligibility criteria and other admission related information can be found here.
- The School of Social Sciences offers various M.A. programs. The master's program in Economics is offered via the Centre for Economic Studies and Planning. A description of the course can be found here. Please contact CESP office for admission information and criteria (CESP contact information can be found here.)
3. Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research
IGIDR offers a Master's in Economics program that is among the smaller, but highly respected, ones in the country. They provide all admission related information including the eligibility criteria, placement prospects, cost etc on this page.
4. Indian Statistical Institute
Master of Science in Quantitative Economics is offered by ISI at their Delhi and Kolkata campus.
- All information regarding the course and admission at ISI Kolkata can be found on this page
- ISI Delhi provides answers to some FAQs on this page and more detailed information on the admission here
5. Madras School of Economics
The Madras School offers two programs: M.Sc. Economics and M.Sc. Financial Economics. Eligibility criteria for both the programs is mentioned on their website.
6. University of Hyderabad
Information for the Master's program offered by the School of Economics at the University of Hyderabad can be found in the 2013 prospectus. This information may be a little outdated at this point, so please do check with their admission office.
7. South Asian University
Information for the Master's program in Development Economics offered by SAU can be found here.
8. Eligibility Criteria for Master's in Economics in other universities
And here's a collection of all these and other universities compiled in one list!
Hope this information has been helpful! Please let me know in the comments below if there are others schools that should be added to this list.
Spreadsheet Credit: Shiv Hastawala